Pages

Wednesday, 12 June 2019

58-Year-Old Food Vendor Electrocuted In Lagos


A 58-year-old food vendor, Florence Imoh has been electrocuted while trying to open her shop at the Ikotun area in Lagos state.

According to reports, Madam Florence was found lying dead in front of her shop located at Number 12, Shosanya Street, Ijegun road in Ikotun at about 6.30am on Monday, June 10th.

Investigations by the neighbours revealed that the deceased died after a naked wire had fallen on the metal protector mounted in front of her shop.


A neighbour of the deceased, Sodiq Bello, said

“We have searched for the cause of the death, and we noticed that a naked wire was resting on the metallic sides of the roof, which had transmitted to other metallic objects in the shop. The building has an electrical defect. She was trying to come out of the shop when the incident happened. Mama Chikodi works and sleeps in the shop. She assists her younger sister in cooking and selling of food early morning”.

No comments:

Post a comment