Pages

Friday, 19 July 2019

Nigerian Sex Attacker Who Abused Schoolgirl Commits Fresh Crime After Failing To Be Deported After Abusing 14-Year-Old Girl He'd Plied With Vodka And Cannabis

Image result for Nigerian Moses Ologbenla, 36, was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and a friend plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and subjected them to vile sex attacks.
An African sex attacker who was supposed to have been deported from the UK after abusing a schoolgirl has been prosecuted again.

Moses Ologbenla was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and another man plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and subjected them to vile sex attacks.

Both men were in the country illegally have overstayed their visas and were supposed to be deported after serving their prison sentences, the court heard at the time.

The 36-year-old Nigerian national was caught as part of Operation Sanctuary, a Northumbria Police investigation into sexual crimes against vulnerable women and girls.

His co-accused Hafeez Cole Oye-Dada raped a 14-year-old girl after “cynically exploiting” her by giving her alcohol and cannabis. He was jailed for 10 years.


However, Ologbenla has remained in the UK and gone on to commit a further offence in Middlesbrough.
He created almost 40 undisclosed user names for online use - breaching his notification requirements.
Teesside Magistrates' Court heard that the user names Ologbenla was using were linked to sites that also sold fraudulent credit card details.
The registered sex offender pleaded guilty to failing to comply with notification requirements at the court on Monday.
No details relating to his deportation were discussed at the hearing.
The Home Office declined to respond on why Ologbenla had not been deported.
A spokesman said: “Foreign nationals who serve custodial sentences in the UK will be considered for deportation and, wherever possible, offenders are returned at the conclusion of their sentence. 
"We have removed nearly 45,800 foreign offenders since 2010.”
John Garside, prosecuting, said Ologbenla was put on the sex offenders register after being sentenced at Newcastle Crown Court on August 5, 2014, for sexual activity with a child.
"He must provide police with notification requirements and he must register user names within three days of creation", he said.
He added that he "understands these requirements".
But on December 23, last year in Middlesbrough, Ologbenla's devices were checked by officers.

The Nigerian was jailed for six years in 2014 after he and a friend plied two schoolgirls with drink and drugs and subjected them to vile sex attacks
"A laptop, an iPhone and a Galaxy mobile phone were checked and various undisclosed user names were found on the devices", Mr Garside said.
"In total 38 user names were found.
"Police said they were linked to sites where you can buy fraudulent credit card details."
He added that there was "no evidence the user names were used in any criminal activity".
Ologbenla was told by magistrates that due to the severity of the offence, sentencing would have to be transferred to a crown court.
In mitigation, Damian Sabino, defending, said he "co-operated fully and gave an explanation" as to why the user names were created and reiterated there was no evidence they were made to commit a crime.
"The user names were created in order to view films, watch football and answer surveys", Mr Sabino said. 
"It's his first breach.
"He went to prison and came out, and he didn't believe he was committing a crime."
Ologbenla, who now lives at St Margaret's Terrace in Bradford, was bailed to Teesside Crown Court for sentencing.

No comments:

Post a comment