Pages

Wednesday, 20 June 2018

Generator Fume Kills Family Of Six In Edo State, One Survives Death


Tragedy struck at Akpata Street in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State on Tuesday as six members of a family of seven were wiped out by alleged generator fume.

Reports said the victims comprised the mother and her five children, including a set of twins.

Their father, Tochukwu Okwueze, who was still breathing when he was discovered by neighbours was quickly rushed to a private clinic along Eweka Street for medical attention.

It was gathered that the generator which was kept in the kitchen on Monday night worked all through the night.

Image result for GENERATOR FUME! Six family members die, one survives death

Reports said neighbours discovered the lifeless bodies of the victims on Tuesday morning after forcing their door open.  Their corpses have been deposited at the mortuary of the Central Hospital, in Benin.

A relative of the deceased, who gave his name as Vincent, said his younger brother called him from Lagos to inquire what was happening.

“He told me to go the house, that something not pleasing to the ears had just happened. I call her (deceased woman’s line. Somebody picked the call and said that they (victims) slept and did not wake up.

“The whole family was affected. But the police told me that the father survived it. They said that though his case was serious and that if there was the need to rush him to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital, they would call me. It is a family of seven. The youngest is a set of twins.” 

The State Commissioner of Police, Mr Johnson Kokumo confirmed the incident.

No comments:

Post a comment