Pages

Top leaderboard

Saturday, 17 June 2017

70 are feared dead, graphic reveals where the dead and missing were living when fire swept through Grenfell Tower

Heartbreaking details show where Grenfell victims lived
Heartbreaking new details have emerged showing where the Grenfell victims lived inside the 'Tomb Tower' as a haunting roll call of the missing continues to soar. The flats were home to up to 600 people, with 30 now confirmed dead. Sky News reported that sources had told them 70 people are missing and feared dead. There are 24 still receiving treatment, of which 12 are still in critical care. At least 70 are missing - and £2.8million has been donated for the victims. An artist whose work is currently being shown at the Venice Biennale was today named as the fifth victim of the Grenfell Tower fire.




An artist whose work is currently being shown at the Venice Biennale was today named as the fifth victim of the Grenfell Tower fire.
Heartbroken family members of Khadija Saye confirmed the 24-year-old was killed when fire ripped through the building in West London where she lived on the 20th floor in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Ms Saye, a friend of MP David Lammy, was in her flat with her mother Mary Mendy, 54, who is still missing. She was last heard from at 3am when she was direct messaging from her flat, as her phone was not working.
Ms Saye had been filmed for the BBC2 documentary Venice Biennale: Sink or Swim, but that has now been pulled from schedule - a spokesman said it would not show for 'obvious reasons'


Mr Lammy, the Labour representative for Tottenham, said: 'May you rest in peace, Khadija Saye. God bless your beautiful soul. My heart breaks today. I mourn the tragic loss of a wonderful young woman.' 
Syrian refugee Mohammad Alhajali, 23, student at the University of West London, was yesterday named as having also died in the blaze after he and his brother became separated as they scrambled to escape the blaze.

Engineering student Mr Alhajali, who fled his war-torn home of Daraa three years ago, was confirmed by family and friends as having died in Wednesday's fire which killed at least 17 people and injured scores more.  

But his older brother Omar, a 25-year-old business student, survived the blaze and is now in a stable condition, recovering in hospital. His family were earlier said to have been 'worried sick' about the two siblings.  
Italian couple Gloria Trevisan and Marco Gottardi, who have also been confirmed dead, made final phone calls to relatives as the flames closed in on their flat. The family's lawyer said there was 'no hope to find them alive'. 
The fifth victim confirmed dead is Khadija Khalloufi, 52, whose husband, retired lecturer Sabah Abdullah, told of his horror of losing her after he lost his grip on her hand in the stampede as they tried to escape. 

The flats were home to up to 600 people, with 30 now confirmed dead. 
Sky News reported that sources had told them 70 people are missing and feared dead 
There are 24 still receiving treatment, of which 12 are still in critical care. At least 70 are missing - and £2.8million has been donated for the victims.


No comments:

Post a Comment