Pages

Top leaderboard

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

MOTHER AND CHILD ELECTROCUTED IN IBADAN

Image result for MOTHER AND CHILD ELECTROCUTED IN IBADAN,

A Facebook user identified as Steven Adedamola Goodwill, has taken to the social networking platform to share photos of a woman and her child who were electrocuted to death in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital.

It was gathered online that the incident reportedly happened when the woman was spreading some clothes she had washed on a line at her residence when she got electrocuted first then her scream was said to have drawn the attention of her son, who ran to his mum, hugged her and was electrocuted, too.


While speaking to a correspondent, eyewitnesses said, “a nearby hotel had connected a wire to a house to provide illumination for passers-by at night. Unknown to the deceased, who was four months pregnant, the insulator on the wire had worn off.

“As she was spreading her clothes on it, she was electrocuted. She screamed, attracting the innocent boy, who ran to his mum. He too got electrocuted on the spot.”

Oyo state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the bodies had been taken to the Adeoyo General Hospital morgue for autopsy and that investigation had begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment