Pages

Top leaderboard

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

Thursday, 8 February 2018

Be Warned! Family Burnt As Gas Explodes After Phone Vibrates In Kitchen (Photos)


Ms Funmi Adewola, has taken to Facebook to warn Nigerians to be careful when using mobile phone near gas cylinder. This is coming after a horrific explosion which happened in her house recently in Lagos.
According to her, the gas cylinder was leaking in the kitchen as she and her other relatives tried to fix the burner before it exploded after a message came into the phone.
Read her story below;

PHONE IGNITING GAS IS REAL, BE WARNED!
At about 1:30pm on Sunday 20th January, 2018 I was chatting on my phone in the sitting room in my house when I heard an hissing sound. On investigation it was my wife’s niece and my Niece’s daughter in the kitchen trying to fix burner onto a camp gas cylinder.
When the leaking persist the wife came from the room to help them fix the burner. I kept hearing the hissing sound of the leaking gas so I stood up with my phone in my hand and went into the kitchen to give a helping hand and luckily we were able to stop the lickage but already the kitchen was charged with the gas.

I warned them not to strike matches yet because the gas is much in the kitchen, at that moment a message came into my phone which was on vibration and the next I heard was was the explosion which threw all of us in different direction with different magnitude of burns as you can see in the picture.


Ms Funmi Adewola, has taken to Facebook to warn Nigerians to be careful when using mobile phone near gas cylinder. This is coming after a horrific explosion which happened in her house recently in Lagos.
According to her, the gas cylinder was leaking in the kitchen as she and her other relatives tried to fix the burner before it exploded after a message came into the phone.
Read her story below;
PHONE IGNITING GAS IS REAL, BE WARNED!
At about 1:30pm on Sunday 20th January, 2018 I was chatting on my phone in the sitting room in my house when I heard an hissing sound. On investigation it was my wife’s niece and my Niece’s daughter in the kitchen trying to fix burner onto a camp gas cylinder.
When the leaking persist the wife came from the room to help them fix the burner. I kept hearing the hissing sound of the leaking gas so I stood up with my phone in my hand and went into the kitchen to give a helping hand and luckily we were able to stop the lickage but already the kitchen was charged with the gas.

I warned them not to strike matches yet because the gas is much in the kitchen, at that moment a message came into my phone which was on vibration and the next I heard was was the explosion which threw all of us in different direction with different magnitude of burns as you can see in the picture.
I posted this to warn us all to be careful with phone when using gas.
May almighty Allah heal my family.”

Final warning…
If you have a gas at home, then this is for you. A gas explosion is a deadly and dangerous event that occurs when there’s a gas leak combined with an ignition source. Over the months, several families and people have been killed in gas explosions. A few dangerous conditions are responsible for most home gas explosions. No gas leak is too small to be ignored.
Major causes of gas explosion includes;
  1. Improper use of gas furnace, appliance-includes leaking due to gas lines being hooked up incorrectly
  2. Old, worn-out, rusty gas lines coming from the street into your home
  3. Violations of codes and standards governing the safe handling of gas or propane
  4. Faulty manufacturing procedures used in building gas tanks for automobiles
  5. Utilizing sub standard gas product
  6. Compromised cylinder as containers gradually corrode and puncture the containers, leading to holes through which gas can leak.
  7. A spark can ignite gas leaks. For example, cooking equipment, such as a natural gas stove, uses a spark to set the natural gas ablaze. If the room is full of gas, the spark can ignite the gas and smoking
  8. Keeping in a confined space as the pressure can build up and damage the containing structure. Confinement increases the temperature generated by the gas explosion. In open space, the gas can expand out and dilute.
How to know if gas is leaking
Gas leaks can be difficult to detect. If a leak is not discovered in time, it could lead to an explosion or make anyone present on the property extremely sick. Pay attention to sights, sounds, and smells to determine if gas is leaking inside or outside your home or business.
  1. Beware of smells. Although odorless, a chemical is added to natural gas so it can be detected. An indoor gas leak can smell like rotten eggs. Read more here and how to avoid explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment