Friday 19 July 2013

Man, 20, Rapes 9-year-old Girl to Death

Via - Vanguard

CALABAR - A 20-year-old man, Chijioke Nwakor, from Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra State is now in Police custody for allegedly raping a nine-year-old girl to death.
The suspect who is currently detained at the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), state Police headquarters, Diamond Hill, Calabar is alleged to have engaged Miss Alice Eneji in a marathon love making which resulted in the girl’s death.
Chijioke told the officer heading the homicide unit of the state CID, Mr. Joseph Inuyashe, that he was born in Aniocha Local Government Area, but grew up in Onistha, Anambra until recently when he relocated to Okuku-Yala Local Government in Cross River State where he is living with his parents.
He said since he came to Cross River State, he had abstained from women, regretting that his first attempt to make love to a girl of his desire has resulted in tragedy.
He said: "I used to see the girl everyday in Okuku-Yala, where I stay with my parents. I don't know what pushed me last Monday to approach her.

"As I saw her playing with the three boys at Saint Patrick’s Primary School, Okuku football field, I called her and asked what she was doing there. I told her to go home and meet her mother."
The advice took an amorous dimension as it started drizzling and Chijioke and Alice had to take shelter under one of the school buildings.
It was then he said: "I discussed with her and she accepted so I took her to one of the abandoned buildings that has been overtaken by weeds, where I told her to remove her underwears and she complied."
Claiming there was mutual agreement between them, the boy dismissed allegation that he raped her, saying: “I did not slap her or do anything to her.
"I told her to bend down because the place was too dirty. The uncompleted building is now used as a toilet, because most people living around there had no toilet.”
Chijioke said he then went for marathon love-making but Alice started crying but he thought she was pretending.
Few minutes later, Alice slumped and became unconscious and he decided to raise alarm calling for help.
Alice was rushed to hospital while Chijioke went round the community sourcing for money to foot the hospital bill.
"I was still looking for money when somebody called me that the girl was dead," he said.
When contacted, acting Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, Mr. Hogan Bassey confirmed the incident, saying the culprit is in custody and that they were investigating the immediate and remote cause of such a criminal act. According to him, Chijioke will be charged to Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment