Pages

Tuesday, 9 July 2019

Police Offer £20k Reward For Information In The Murder Of Nigerian 16-Year-Old Boy In London

Image result for John Ogunjobi
Detectives investigating the fatal stabbing of 16-year-old John Ogunjobi in Tulse Hill are renewing appeals for assistance in finding those responsible for his death.

A reward of up to £20,000 is available for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the murder.

Officers are also asking anyone who may have seen a black Audi Q5 in or around the Tulse Hill area at the time of the incident to come forward and speak to the police.

Police was called to Greenleaf Close, Tulse Hill at 22.53hrs on 5 November 2018.
Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and found 16-year-old John Ogunjobi collapsed in the street with stab injuries. Despite the efforts of paramedics, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 23:41hrs.
Image result for John Ogunjobi
A post-mortem examination at Greenwich Mortuary gave a cause of death as a stab wound.

An investigation is underway by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Richard Vandenbergh.

DCI Vandenbergh said: "I am appealing to anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to come forward and speak to the police. We believe the victim was attacked by a number of suspects and the altercation would have undoubtedly been witnessed by a number of people. We are also asking people to think back as to whether they saw a black Audi Q5 on the evening of the murder or in the days leading up to or following it. I hope that the reward associated with this case will help encourage people who have information, to share what they know. We are still working to establish the circumstances around the attack but believe that several people will have key information that would enable us to get justice for John’s family.

“Moreover, I think it is quite likely that some people who were friends with John will hold vital information that they haven’t shared with the police. They should think about his death at such a tragically young age, think about the misery caused to John’s family and maybe think about the reward too – and then make what is surely an easy decision - to come forward and speak with police.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4961 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Meanwhile, four men - aged 22, 20, 21 and 23 - were arrested on suspicion of murder and taken to custody at south London police stations. All four men have been released under investigation.


“I am appealing to anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to come forward and speak to police.”
“We believe the victim was attacked by a number of suspects and the altercation would have undoubtedly drawn the attention of those who were in the vicinity.”
“Did you see or hear anything? If so, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, please call – your information could prove to be crucial.”
Police are urging anyone who captured footage of pictures on their mobile phones to get in touch.
The Metropolitan Police said there have been no arrests. Extra officers have been deployed in the area.
John was one of five people stabbed to death in London in a bloody week of violence in the capital.
Chief Superintendent Simon Messinger, Commander of the Central South Command Unit, said:
“We have seen a spate of fatal stabbings in south London recently with five murders over the course of the last week.
“One murder is one too many with the devastation it causes to families, friends and communities difficult to comprehend.
“Tackling violence is a priority and one which remains at the forefront of all the work we do.
“This includes utilising our local resources but also supplementing them with resources from across the Met, including the Violent Crime Taskforce.
“Extra officers have been assigned to the Central South Command to work alongside local officers – you will see them out and about on patrol.
“And our prevention work, which has been key in helping to stem the overall tide of violent crime, remains ongoing.
“Across the Met this year, officers have conducted over 21,000 weapons sweeps and taken hundreds of weapons off the streets. This work will continue.
“The support of the community is vital in the work we do, including combatting violent crime.
“I would urge anyone who has witnessed a crime, violent or otherwise, to contact police as soon as possible and help us to remove violent individuals from our streets.
“Any information, no matter how big or small, could be of huge help to our investigations and all information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.

“If you have any questions or concerns, please do approach any officer that you see patrolling the area. They will be happy to speak with you.”

No comments:

Post a comment