Sunday 26 August 2018

Two Nigerian Housemaids Killed By Their Bosses In Saudi Arabia. (Photos)

Image result for Two Nigerian Housemaids Killed By Their Bosses In Saudi Arabia.

Two Nigerian girls have been allegedly killed by their employers after being trafficked to work as housemaids in Saudi Arabia.

The murder of the two young women occurred within a space of two weeks in the respective homes where they worked as servants by their Saudi bosses.

According to Satellite Times, the first Nigerian girl to be murdered was by name Omotayo who until her death in June 2018 worked as a migrant domestic worker in Riyadh.

She reportedly sent this photo to her friends in a group chat called “Strong Nigerian Ladies” – a solidarity group created by Nigerian migrant domestic workers in Saudi Arabia. .

Omotayo, in her June post which happened to be her last, narrated to the solidarity group her latest incident of battery in the hands of the Saudi family she worked for. Her boss and the entire family had descended on her for being disrespectful to them.

The maid’s only offence was that she insisted her three-month salary arrears be paid to her. .

. She had put her foot down saying she would no longer accept excuses for the non-payment of her salaries just as she said she was tired of eating leftover food.

Her action was seen as an affront.Another Nigerian by name Shola, was also killed by her boss.

Her story was told by Adeola Oladipo, another housemaid in the Strong Nigeria Ladies Group.

. “Shola has been constantly assaulted and starved by her sponsor in Saudi Arabia. Whenever she demands for food they would always beat her up and she lost so much weight…“One day her male boss came as usual to beat her while she was doing chores in the kitchen. .

The beating became so severe she had to defend herself with a knife. In the process the knife cut her boss and her sponsor hit her on the neck and she collapsed.

When the boss saw that Shola was dying, he rushed her to the hospital where he said she suddenly fell ill. A few days later, the Nigerian gave up the ghost in the hospital.”

No comments:

Post a Comment