Pages

Monday, 6 May 2019

It's A Boy! Meghan Gives Birth To A Healthy 7lb 3oz Boy - Prince Harry Says He's 'Incredibly Proud' Of His Wife And His Son Is 'Absolutely To Die For!'

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex at Buckingham Palace on March 5

The Duchess of Sussex has gone into labour with her first child, Kensington Palace announced today as both royal household members and the world eagerly anticipate news on the Queen's eighth great-grandchild. Following what has been dubbed the 'Sussex Standby', the baby prince or princess will be seventh in line to the throne, after both Prince Harry himself and his young cousins Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. Meghan's doting mother Doria Ragland had flown to Britain to be at her daughter's side for the birth of the baby at Frogmore House in Windsor, having cancelled her yoga classes in Los Angeles and hired a dog sitter. Her 62-year-old mother is said to have landed in Britain last month well before Meghan was due to give birth. Sources close to the family have said that Ms Ragland wanted to be by her side for the event.


Meghan went into labour in the early hours of this morning - having been more than a week overdue - and her husband Prince Harry is currently by her side, Buckingham Palace announced in a short statement (pictured)
Harry is still expected to carry out an engagement at The Hague on March 9 to launch the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games, his Paralympic-style event for injured service personnel.

A visit to Amsterdam the previous day was cancelled for 'logistical planning' purposes, with the Palace announcing he would postpone the trip.  

It is understood that the Netherlands visit had been pencilled in since last year but aides had not announced it due to the potential clash with the birth. Sources have said Harry is 'desperately keen' to attend the Invictus launch. 

Meghan has her mother, Doria Ragland, staying with them at Frogmore House in Windsor, so will be in good hands if he does fly out. Friends are said to be queuing up to visit but may have to postpone due to what has been   


Meghan and Harry are said have been making plans to embark on a three-year-assignment which will see them travel to Africa to take part in charity work, promoting Britain and projects involving the Commonwealth.
The couple announced the pregnancy to family and friends at the wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at Windsor Castle in October last year.
As rumours of the sex of the baby continue to circulate, the pair had previously said that they would be 'thrilled' to welcome either a boy or a girl to their newly renovated home of Frogmore Cottage.  
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex visit the Moroccan Royal Federation of Equestrian Sports in Rabat on February 25

Meghan and Harry at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 11

Harry and Meghan at the Moroccan Royal Federation of Equestrian Sports in Rabat on February 25 (left) and the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 11 (right) 

No comments:

Post a comment